Temperature qualification is the process of ensuring that the items meant for storage are always kept at the correct temperature eg. between 2-8 Deg C for medicines. The qualification process ensures that all vehicles, boxes, reefers, cold rooms, refrigerators etc are suitable for storage and transportation of such temperature-sensitive items. Apart from various other tests, the qualification process involves temperature mapping & validation of the storage areas as well.
Case study: Temperature Qualification protocol of warehouse
Temperature mapping study & qualification of a warehouse involves the following:
- All critical components of the warehouse and its cooling system to be identified and tested.
- Temperature mapping study to be carried out in an empty condition, fully loaded and partially loaded condition.
- Temperature mapping study should involve opening of various doors and times to be recorded.
- Power failure test to determine the duration for which the temperature remains within the limits after a power failure.
- Temperature recovery test to determine the duration within which the area comes back to the desired levels of temperature. Typically the total duration is 7-10 days including all the above tests under various conditions.
- Vacker Group carries out mapping study, validation and qualification services throughout the middle east countries in association with our Principal Cryopak, USA.
- Supply of Temperature & Humidity data loggers
- Warehouse Temperature & Humidity monitoring systems
- Wireless temperature monitoring systems
- Cold Chain packaging
- Cold Chain monitoring
- Cold chain qualification
- Thermal package testing
- Temperature profile study
- Thermal equipment qualification
Also please see our web page on temperature mapping & qualification