Select dehumidifier based on application
Air De humidifiers are useful for decreasing humidity levels of homes, offices, museums, warehouses, cold rooms etc. The operational principle is by absorbing the moisture from the air and thus reducing the humidity levels. We are supplying air dehumidifiers manufactured by Trotec, Germany. They manufacture numerous types of de-humidifiers for industrial, commercial and residential applications. These are typically used for hotels, swimming pools, offices, warehouses, cold rooms, apartments, villa etc.
Desiccant and condensation de humidifiers
- Desiccant dehumidifiers use adsorbent material such as silica gel to absorb the moisture from the air. Condensation type models condense the moisture into water and the water has to be removed from the collection tray of the unit.
- Desiccant types are ideal for low temperature and condensation types are more suitable for room temperature. Especially for cold conditions such as cold rooms, walk in chillers etc., desiccant type dehumidifiers are more suitable than condensation dehumidifiers. Condensation technology is not suitable at low temperatures.
How to calculate required capacity of dehumidifier?
In order to select the required air dehumidifier, you need to calculate the required dehumidification capacity. We can calculate this from the present humidity level and the desired humidity levels. Also, we require the room temperature and room size. Please see the calculation method and download the free excel sheet at this page.
Applications of air dehumidifiers
- Maintain the humidity inside cold rooms, walk in chillers etc. which are used for storage of medicines, vaccines etc. Such rooms should maintain a maximum humidity of 55-60% RH. There are low-temperature dehumidifiers for the ambient temperature near and below 0°C.
- Maintain humidity during storage of fruits and vegetables inside warehouses and walk in freezers. If the humidity goes above prescribed limits, the life of such items will be reduced drastically.
- Maintain humidity inside warehouses storing medicines, electronic items etc.
- Libraries,museums, document archives etc. which should have low humidity levels. High humidity will cause the formation of the mold thus destroying artifacts, books, paintings etc.
- Reduce humidity in basements, car parks etc.
- For residential rooms,hospital rooms, and offices the humidity has to be under comfortable limits. For such applications, portable silent dehumidifiers are used.
- Reduce humidity inside indoor swimming pools. Swimming pools produce a huge amount of moisture which will cause huge damage to adjacent walls and rooms.
- Industrial and commercial dehumidifiers for various applications in industries for maintaining humidity.
- Interior Dehumidifiers combined with an air purifier for purifying air along with reducing humidity.
A.Desiccant de humidifiers
Desiccant type models use silica gel or similar absorbents for absorbing the atmospheric moisture. These are available in stationary and mobile versions. Industrial desiccant dehumidifiers are available up to a capacity of 58 kg/hour. These models are also called adsorption dehumidifiers.
These are portable models with rubber wheels with capacity from 0.35 kg/hour to 1.0 kg/hour. These are ideal for low-temperature areas such as cold rooms, walk-in freezers etc.
These have to be installed and cannot be moved thereafter. The capacity of same is from 5 kg/hour to 58 kg/hour.
These type of air de humidifiers absorb moisture from the air by means of condensation and convert the same into water. This water is drained out of the room through a hose. Also, we can connect a small water pump to pump out the water. Mobile condensation type commercial de humidifiers are available with a capacity ranging from 32 liter/24 hours to 150 liter/24 hours.
These are portable models with wheels with capacity up to 2.2 cubic meter/hour. These are ideal for small to medium sized warehouses, industries etc. for air dehumidification.
These are models of higher capacity for installation at the location. There are numerous models up to a capacity of 5 cubic meter/hour or 520 litre/24 hours.
DS series of dehumidifiers by Trotec are ideal for indoor swimming pools. 4 different models are available in this series with different operational principle and capacity.
These are interior dehumidifiers in sleek and elegant design for offices and home use. There are different models available with a capacity of dehumidification from 8.7 liters/24 hr to 40 liters/24 hr. These are small and quiet dehumidifiers for absolute comfort. These are also known as comfort dehumidifiers. There are more than 15 compact models in this range of application.
C. Basement dehumidifiers
Basement de humidifiers are for usage in basement of buildings for reducing humidity. The basement of buildings tend to have a higher humidity due to problems of water logging. Also,humid air is heavy and hence settles down in the basements. Desiccant type or Condensation type de humidifiers can be used for normal capacity requirements of basement dehumidifiers. Please see our detailed page on basement dehumidifier
Humidifiers are used to increase the humidity of rooms, ware houses etc. as per the desired levels of humidity. This works by means of evaporation and hence also are known as evaporation humidifiers. Trotec, Germany manufactures humidifiers of various capacities from portable models to stationery models. The applications include keeping right humidity for storage of vegetables, fruits dried fruits etc. which need to be stored at a certain humidity.more……….
How to select the right de-humidifier for your needs
In order to decide the right type of equipment for your needs, please provide the following details enabling us to recommend the correct model:
- The present temperature reading of the area.
- The present humidity level of the area.
- The humidity level you want to maintain in the area.
- Type of facility such as a warehouse, home, office etc.
- Area & volume of the room, warehouse, cold room etc. so as to calculate the air volume.
- Mounting of the unit – whether you want to place the same on the floor, mount on the wall, install above the ceiling, install outside the room etc.
Sizing calculation of dehumidifiers
The sizing and selection are mainly in the capacity of extraction of moisture content in terms of the liter per hour. This is calculated by calculating the difference between the present humidity and the required humidity to be achieved. From these data, the amount of water to be removed from the air has to be calculated and thus sizing calculation is carried out. You may download free excel sheet for calculation of capacity of the dehumidifier.
Brief specifications of the entire range are listed here for a quick overview. For more details and pricing please contact us
|Model No.||Capacity||Operating Temperature Range||Weight|
|TTR 1000||5.5 kg/h||-20 to 35°C/0 to 100%RH||92 kg|
|TTR 5000||9.6 kg/h||-20 to 35°C/0 to 100%RH||104 kg|
|TTR 2400||15 kg/h||-20 to 35°C/0 to 100%RH||380 kg|
|TTR 3300||20 kg/h||-20 to 35°C/0 to 100%RH||400 kg|
|TTR 5000||30 kg/h||-20 to 35°C/0 to 100%RH||530 kg|
|TTR 6500||39 kg/h||-20 to 35°C/0 to 100%RH||560 kg|
|TTR 8000||50 kg/h||-20 to 35°C/0 to 100%RH||680 kg|
|TTR 9500||58 kg/h||-20 to 35°C/0 to 100%RH||710 kg|
|TTR 200||0.35 kg/h||-15 to 35°C/0 to 100%RH||9 kg|
|TTR 300||0.7 kg/h||-15 to 35°C/0 to 100%RH||12 kg|
|TTR 400||1.2 kg/h||-15 to 35°C/0 to 100%RH||17 kg|
|TTR 400D||1.6 kg/h||-15 to 35°C/0 to 100%RH||20 kg|
|TTR 500D||2.2 kg/h||-15 to 35°C/0 to 100%RH||25 kg|
TTR Industrial, stainless steel, desiccant dehumidifier
|TTR 160||0.5 kg/h||-20 to 35°C/0 to 100%RH||14 kg|
|TTR 250||1.1 kg/h||-20 to 35°C/0 to 100%RH||19 kg|
|TTR 250Ex||1.1 kg/h||-20 to 35°C/0 to 100%RH||21 kg|
|TTR 250 HP||1.0 kg/h||-20 to 35°C/0 to 100%RH||45 kg|
DH-S series Industrial, condensation dehumidifier
|DH 95S||130 ltr/ day||5 to 32°C/35 to 100%RH||65 kg|
|DH 105S||165 ltr/ day||5 to 32°C/35 to 100%RH||95 kg|
|DH 115 S||312 ltr/ day||5 to 38°C/35 to 100%RH||125 kg|
|DH 145 S||475 ltr/ day||5 to 38°C/35 to 100%RH||265 kg|
TTK series Industrial, condensation dehumidifier
|TTK 200||17 ltr/ day||0 to 40°C/35 to 100%RH||34 kg|
|TTK 400||30 ltr/ day||0 to 40°C/35 to 100%RH||42 kg|
|TTK 800||55 ltr/ day||0 to 40°C/35 to 100%RH||70 kg|
|TTK 1500||100 ltr/ day||0 to 40°C/35 to 100%RH||130 kg|
|TTR 55E||8.5 ltr/day||1 to 35°C/ 45 to 100%RH||6.8 kg|
|TTR 56E||8.5 ltr/day||0 to 32°C/ 35 to 90%RH||8.5 kg|
|TTK 24E||8.5 ltr/day||5 to 32°C/ 30 to 90%RH||10.1 kg|
|TTK 25E||10 ltr/day||5 to 35°C/ 30 to 100%RH||8.5 kg|
|TTK 29E||8.5 ltr/day||5 to 32°C/ 30 to 90%RH||11.1 kg|
|TTK 30S||10 ltr/day||5 to 35°C/ 49 to 100%RH||9.1 kg|
|TTK 31E||10 ltr/day||5 to 35°C/ 49 to 100%RH||9 kg|
|TTK 40E||12 ltr/day||5 to 35°C/ 30 to 100%RH||10.5 kg|
|TTK 50E||14 ltr/day||5 to 35°C/ 40 to 100%RH||11.1 kg|
|TTK 51E||14.7 ltr/day||5 to 32°C/ 30 to 90%RH||13.8 kg|
|TTK 70E||18.6 ltr/day||5 to 32°C/ 30 to 90%RH||13.7 kg|
|TTK 70S||20 ltr/day||5 to 35°C/ 49 to 100%RH||12.4 kg|
|TTK 71E||20 ltr/day||5 to 35°C/ 49 to 100%RH||11.4 kg|
|TTK 75E||18.2 ltr/day||5 to 35°C/ 40 to 100%RH||12.3 kg|
|TTK 75S||20 ltr/day||5 to 35°C/ 49 to 100%RH||12.8 kg|
|TTK 90E||28.4 ltr/day||5 to 35°C/ 30 to 100%RH||13.6 kg|
|TTK 95E||29.1 ltr/day||5 to 32°C/ 30 to 90%RH||18.5 kg|
|TTK 100E||25 ltr/day||5 to 35°C/ 40 to 100%RH||15.2 kg|
|TTK 100S||28.4 ltr/day||5 to 35°C/ 40 to 100%RH||15.2 kg|
|TTK 105S||28.4 ltr/day||5 to 35°C/ 30 to 100%RH||14.5 kg|
|TTK 120E||28 ltr/day||9 to 35°C/ 40 to 100%RH||22.3 kg|
|TTK 120S||27 ltr/day||5 to 43°C/ 40 to 100%RH||23.5 kg|
|TTK 122E||38 ltr/day||9 to 35°C/ 40 to 100%RH||22.9 kg|
|TTK 128E||58.6 ltr/day||5 to 32°C/ 30 to 90%RH||23 kg|
|DS 30||48 ltr/day||Please contact us for details|
|DS 31||48 ltr/day||Please contact us for details|
|DS 50||96 ltr/day||Please contact us for details|
|DS 51||96 ltr/day||Please contact us for details|
|B200 Eco||43.2 ltr/day||NA||13 kg|
|B 250||28.8 ltr/day||NA||20 kg|
|B 300||33.6 ltr/day||NA||21 kg|
|B 400||60 ltr/day||NA||18.6 kg|
|B 500radio||60 ltr/day||NA||24 kg|
Please click to see entire range of de humidifiers & humidifiers manufactured by Trotec, Germany
Select dehumidifier based on application