A dehumidifier is a device that helps to reduce and maintain the amount of humidity in the air. The purpose of this is usually to remove the moisture from the air for health or thermal comfort reasons or to remove musty smells and prevent mildew growth.
There are different types of dehumidifiers according to the various requirement.
A desiccant dehumidifier is a type that uses absorbent material like silica gel to remove or absorb moisture from the air. These work best for low temperature areas specifically for cold rooms, walk-in chillers, etc.
A condensation dehumidifier works on condensing technology in which moisture present in air is condensed into water and the water is collected from a hose. This type of dehumidifier is ideal for room temperature not at low temperatures.
These dehumidifiers are useful for decreasing humidity levels in homes, offices, museums, warehouses, cold rooms, and other places.
- Operates on normal tap water without the requirement of distilled water.
- Hygrostat (Electronic Humidity controller) is available for automatic control of humidity.
- Highly efficient models with Optimum Price to performance ratio.
- Models are Compact, silent humidifiers.
- An automatic switch-off function is available to stop the machine in case the water tank is empty.
Applications of air dehumidifiers
- Maintain the humidity inside cold rooms, walk-in chillers, etc. which are used for storage of medicines, vaccines, etc. a maximum humidity of 55-60% RH. There are low-temperature dehumidifiers for the ambient temperature near and below 0°C.
- Helps to increase the life of perishable products such as fruits and vegetables by maintaining humidity levels during the storage inside warehouses and walk-in freezers.
- Maintain humidity inside warehouses storing medicines, electronic items, etc.
- Prevents the growth of molds in Libraries, museums, document archives, etc. by maintaining low humidity levels. Else the formation of the mold can destroy artifacts, books, paintings, etc.
- Reduces humidity in basements, car parks, etc.
- Portable silent dehumidifiers are used for residential rooms, hospital rooms, and offices where the humidity requirement must be under certain limits.
- Indoor swimming pools produce a huge amount of moisture which will cause huge damage to adjacent walls and rooms. So, the use of pool dehumidifiers helps to get rid of this problem.
- For residential applications, Interior Dehumidifiers combined with an air purifier for purifying air along with reducing humidity work best.
How to select the right dehumidifier for your needs
To decide on the right type of equipment for your needs, please provide the following details enabling us to recommend the correct model:
- The present temperature reading of the area.
- The present humidity level of the area.
- The humidity level you want to maintain in the area.
- Type of facility such as a warehouse, home, office etc.
- Area & volume of the room, warehouse, cold room etc. to calculate the air volume.
- Mounting of the unit – whether you want to place the same on the floor, mount on the wall, install above the ceiling, install outside the room etc.
To select the required air dehumidifier, you need to calculate the required dehumidification capacity. We can calculate this from the present humidity level and the desired humidity levels. Also, we require the room temperature and room size.
Please see the calculation method and download the free excel sheet on this page.
Models available with Vacker for Commercial Desiccant & Condensation Dehumidifiers
Trotec’s Desiccant-type models are available in stationary and mobile versions. These models are also known as adsorption dehumidifiers, as these use the working principle of adsorption to remove moisture. Desiccant dehumidifiers can provide 58 kg/hour of capacity.
- Portable models with rubber wheels.
- Has a capacity from 0.35 kg/hr to 1.0 kg/hr.
- Ideal for low-temperature areas such as cold rooms, walk-in freezers, etc.
- These models are installed and cannot be moved thereafter.
- Capacity of is from 5 kg/hour to 58 kg/hour.
B. Condensation dehumidifiers
Trotec’s Condensation dehumidifiers work with the principle of absorbing moisture from the air through condensation as water. This water is further drained out of the room through a hose or a small water pump.
Commercial dehumidifiers with a capacity ranging from 32 liters/24 hrs to 150 liters/24 hours are available as mobile condensation types.
- Portable models with wheels.
- The capacity of up to 2.2 cubic meters/hour.
- These are ideal for air dehumidification in small to medium-sized warehouses, industries, etc.
- Models of higher capacity.
- Numerous models available with up to a capacity of 5 cubic meters/hour or 520 litre/24 hours.
- DS series of dehumidifiers by Trotec – ideal for indoor swimming pools.
- 4 different models are available with different operational principles and capacity.
- Sleek and elegant design interior dehumidifiers for offices and home use.
- Different models available with a capacity of dehumidification from 8.7 litres/24 hr to 40 litres/24 hr.
- Small and quiet dehumidifiers for absolute comfort.
- Also known as comfort dehumidifiers.
- More than 15 compact models available in this range of applications.
C. Basement dehumidifiers
Trotec’s basement dehumidifier helps to reduce humidity in basements of buildings. These areas tend to have higher humidity due to problems of water logging and sometimes humid air from humidifiers settles down in basements because it is heavy.
For basements which require normal humidity level, desiccant type and condenser dehumidifiers can be used. Please see our detailed page on basement dehumidifiers.
Humidifiers (for increasing humidity)
Trotec is a Germany company that manufactures humidifiers of various capacities from portable models to stationary models.
Humidifiers are used to increase the humidity of rooms, warehouses etc. as per the desired levels of humidity. Some humidifiers which work by the principle of utilizing evaporation known as evaporation humidifiers. Read more to know further.
Brief specifications of the entire range are listed here for a quick overview.
For more details and pricing please contact us.
|Model No.||Capacity||Operating Temperature Range||Weight|
|TTR Industrial stationary desiccant dehumidifier|
|TTR 1000||5.5 kg/h||-20 to 35°C/0 to 100%RH||92 kg|
|TTR 5000||9.6 kg/h||-20 to 35°C/0 to 100%RH||104 kg|
|TTR 2400||15 kg/h||-20 to 35°C/0 to 100%RH||380 kg|
|TTR 3300||20 kg/h||-20 to 35°C/0 to 100%RH||400 kg|
|TTR 5000||30 kg/h||-20 to 35°C/0 to 100%RH||530 kg|
|TTR 6500||39 kg/h||-20 to 35°C/0 to 100%RH||560 kg|
|TTR 8000||50 kg/h||-20 to 35°C/0 to 100%RH||680 kg|
|TTR 9500||58 kg/h||-20 to 35°C/0 to 100%RH||710 kg|
|TTR Industrial, portable desiccant dehumidifier|
|TTR 200||0.35 kg/h||-15 to 35°C/0 to 100%RH||9 kg|
|TTR 300||0.7 kg/h||-15 to 35°C/0 to 100%RH||12 kg|
|TTR 400||1.2 kg/h||-15 to 35°C/0 to 100%RH||17 kg|
|TTR 400D||1.6 kg/h||-15 to 35°C/0 to 100%RH||20 kg|
|TTR 500D||2.2 kg/h||-15 to 35°C/0 to 100%RH||25 kg|
|TTR Industrial, stainless steel, desiccant dehumidifier|
|TTR 160||0.5 kg/h||-20 to 35°C/0 to 100%RH||14 kg|
|TTR 250||1.1 kg/h||-20 to 35°C/0 to 100%RH||19 kg|
|TTR 250Ex||1.1 kg/h||-20 to 35°C/0 to 100%RH||21 kg|
|TTR 250 HP||1.0 kg/h||-20 to 35°C/0 to 100%RH||45 kg|
|DH-S series Industrial, condensation dehumidifier|
|DH 95S||130 ltr/ day||5 to 32°C/35 to 100%RH||65 kg|
|DH 105S||165 ltr/ day||5 to 32°C/35 to 100%RH||95 kg|
|DH 115 S||312 ltr/ day||5 to 38°C/35 to 100%RH||125 kg|
|DH 145 S||475 ltr/ day||5 to 38°C/35 to 100%RH||265 kg|
|TTK series Industrial, condensation dehumidifier|
|TTK 200||17 ltr/ day||0 to 40°C/35 to 100%RH||34 kg|
|TTK 400||30 ltr/ day||0 to 40°C/35 to 100%RH||42 kg|
|TTK 800||55 ltr/ day||0 to 40°C/35 to 100%RH||70 kg|
|TTK 1500||100 ltr/ day||0 to 40°C/35 to 100%RH||130 kg|
|Comfort dehumidifiers for home and offices|
|TTR 55E||8.5 ltr/day||1 to 35°C/ 45 to 100%RH||6.8 kg|
|TTR 56E||8.5 ltr/day||0 to 32°C/ 35 to 90%RH||8.5 kg|
|TTK 24E||8.5 ltr/day||5 to 32°C/ 30 to 90%RH||10.1 kg|
|TTK 25E||10 ltr/day||5 to 35°C/ 30 to 100%RH||8.5 kg|
|TTK 29E||8.5 ltr/day||5 to 32°C/ 30 to 90%RH||11.1 kg|
|TTK 30S||10 ltr/day||5 to 35°C/ 49 to 100%RH||9.1 kg|
|TTK 31E||10 ltr/day||5 to 35°C/ 49 to 100%RH||9 kg|
|TTK 40E||12 ltr/day||5 to 35°C/ 30 to 100%RH||10.5 kg|
|TTK 50E||14 ltr/day||5 to 35°C/ 40 to 100%RH||11.1 kg|
|TTK 51E||14.7 ltr/day||5 to 32°C/ 30 to 90%RH||13.8 kg|
|TTK 70E||18.6 ltr/day||5 to 32°C/ 30 to 90%RH||13.7 kg|
|TTK 70S||20 ltr/day||5 to 35°C/ 49 to 100%RH||12.4 kg|
|TTK 71E||20 ltr/day||5 to 35°C/ 49 to 100%RH||11.4 kg|
|TTK 75E||18.2 ltr/day||5 to 35°C/ 40 to 100%RH||12.3 kg|
|TTK 75S||20 ltr/day||5 to 35°C/ 49 to 100%RH||12.8 kg|
|TTK 90E||28.4 ltr/day||5 to 35°C/ 30 to 100%RH||13.6 kg|
|TTK 95E||29.1 ltr/day||5 to 32°C/ 30 to 90%RH||18.5 kg|
|TTK 100E||25 ltr/day||5 to 35°C/ 40 to 100%RH||15.2 kg|
|TTK 100S||28.4 ltr/day||5 to 35°C/ 40 to 100%RH||15.2 kg|
|TTK 105S||28.4 ltr/day||5 to 35°C/ 30 to 100%RH||14.5 kg|
|TTK 120E||28 ltr/day||9 to 35°C/ 40 to 100%RH||22.3 kg|
|TTK 120S||27 ltr/day||5 to 43°C/ 40 to 100%RH||23.5 kg|
|TTK 122E||38 ltr/day||9 to 35°C/ 40 to 100%RH||22.9 kg|
|TTK 128E||58.6 ltr/day||5 to 32°C/ 30 to 90%RH||23 kg|
|Swimming pool dehumidifiers|
|DS 30||48 ltr/day||Please contact us for details|
|DS 31||48 ltr/day||Please contact us for details|
|DS 50||96 ltr/day||Please contact us for details|
|DS 51||96 ltr/day||Please contact us for details|
|B200 Eco||43.2 ltr/day||NA||13 kg|
|B 250||28.8 ltr/day||NA||20 kg|
|B 300||33.6 ltr/day||NA||21 kg|
|B 400||60 ltr/day||NA||18.6 kg|
|B 500radio||60 ltr/day||NA||24 kg|