Portable desiccant dehumidifiers are often used in commercial and industrial areas where a large amount of incredibly dry air is needed even at low temperatures. Desiccant dehumidifiers are the only way to accomplish this economically and technically.
Even though portable, these are available up to a capacity of 1.0 kg/h and 200 cubic meters/hour. So, these are suitable for a medium level of commercial applications.
These devices are maintenance-friendly and space-saving since they are stackable.
Known for its:
- Long lifetime
- High dry air flow rate
- High performance even at low dew points
Why do cold rooms & freezers require a desiccant dehumidifier?
A condensation dehumidifier works on the principle of condensing the moisture in the air. But when the temperature is low as in cold storage or freezer, condensation will not happen because the room temperature is below that of the condensation coils. Hence the only option for such rooms is desiccant dehumidifiers only.
Cold rooms, cold storage, walk-in freezers etc. operate at or below 5° C or below zero. Hence, the cold rooms always will have high humidity up to 100%. This is because it absorbs humidity from the surrounding area outside the cold room. In such conditions, you will require a cold room dehumidifier to reduce the humidity. So, if you want to reduce humidity in a cold room or freezer room, you should preferably use a desiccant type only.
Models available with Vacker for Portable Desiccant Dehumidifier
Trotec’ s Lightweight model TTR 200 for cold rooms
Dehumidifier TTR 200 by Trotec, Germany is extremely compact and lightweight, which makes it ideal for continuous drying of the room air or water damage restoration.
For setting desired humidity levels, the machine is controlled by a hygrostat.
- Operating range of TTR200: 0 to 100% RH. / -15 °C to +35 °C.
- Dehumidification performance – 0.35 kg/h.
- Airflow rate: 40 – 120m³/hour.
- Easy replacement of the filter without equipment dismantling.
- Typical applications – for small warehouses, cold rooms, etc.
- The total weight of this desiccant dehumidifier – only 9 kg, makes it easy for handling and relocating.
- A hose can be connected to an air output.
- Other models in this series are TTR 300, TTR 400, TTR D, TTR 500 D & TTR 160.
Stainless Steel model TTR 250 HP for marine application
This portable desiccant dehumidifier is equipped with a radial fan and an additional motor for pumping air over a long distance. It is therefore well suited to marine environments and applications on ships. Marine dehumidifiers must perform well in harsh environments.
Changing the hose connection properly can allow air to flow over a long distance. By connecting it to a flexible hose, the marine dehumidifier allows the processed air to be transported farther.
- The operating range is from 0 to 100% RH. and -20 °C to +35 °C.
- Dehumidification capacity is 1 kg per hour.
- The airflow rate is from 40 to 120m³/h.
- The nominal air volume is 100 m³ per hour.
- Easy replacement of the filter is possible without dismantling the equipment.
- Typical applications will be in ships, seaside warehouses, etc.
Other models in stainless steel models are TTR 250 & TTR 250Ex which are explosion-proof models.
Stainless Steel Explosion-Proof model TTR 250 Ex
This model of the portable desiccant dehumidifier is for an explosion-proof environment and the model complies with Ex protection class ATEX zone 22 (Ex II 3D Ex c T240 °C).
- The operating range of TTR 250EX is from 0 to 100% RH and -20 °C to +35 °C.
- The airflow rate is 180 m³ per hour.
- Dehumidification capacity is 1.1 kg per hour.
- The weight of the TTR250EX is 21 kg.
Depending on application, you can select the right dehumidifier for you: