We offer Wireless Temperature Monitoring system manufactured by Cryopak, which can be connected to any applications such as cold rooms, warehouses, refrigerators, freezers etc. The sensors transmit through Zigbee communication technology and will involve minimum wiring and hence will not disturb daily operations. The system can also be connected to a web-based or cloud-based monitoring system to monitor the parameters across different warehouses in various cities.
Real Time Wireless Temperature and Humidity Monitoring
The wireless temperature monitoring system is easy to install consisting a set of transmitters and receivers. Major technical features are described below.
- The wireless monitoring system consists of receivers and multiple transmitters. The transmitters consist of sensors.
- The whole system is a data acquisition system. Each sensor acts as a separate data logger.
- No power connection required for the sensors. They operate on batteries. Hence same can be placed anywhere as per convenience without any wiring.
- One receiver can collect data from up to 60 transmitters.
- Different warehouse, cold rooms, sites etc. can be configured in the same system.
- Full secure access to data is possible via the Web or Intranet.
- The wireless monitoring system utilizes Zigbee protocol which has a communication distance of 1 km in a straight line without obstructions.
- The system is extremely powerful in both large and small environments.
- Continuous monitoring of your temperature, humidity, and the differential pressure is possible in the same system.
- The system can be connected to a cloud-based monitoring solution. Alternatively, the customer can install the entire software on your server.
- Entirely compliant with the requirements of FDA code 21 CFR part 11, regarding electronic signatures and data security. This is mainly applicable if you are using the system in the USA.
- Can be programmed to 4 levels of alarm thresholds.
- Alert notifications can be generated as a phone call, email or SMS. If the temperature or humidity goes above or below the limits, it will generate a phone call, SMS, and email alerts. Also, it can generate local audible alert through a siren or hooter.
- If the wireless network is not available, the data will be recorded in the sensor. Once the wireless network is detected, the data will be transferred to the network. This prevents loss of any data.
- The battery will last a couple of months. Battery is rechargeable
Applications of wireless temperature monitoring system:
- Monitoring of warehouse, cold room, walk-in freezer, refrigerator etc.
- Monitoring of trucks. The sensor can be mounted in the truck. When the truck inside the warehouse, data from the truck will be transferred to the network. Once the truck moves out of the warehouse, the data will be stored inside the sensor only. Once the truck comes back to the warehouse the data will be automatically transferred to the network.
Wireless data loggers such as temperature data loggers and humidity data loggers are small data loggers with wireless capabilities. Wireless data loggers communicate either by Radiofrequency or Zigbee protocol. Bluetooth data loggers communicate by means of blue tooth technology to any compatible device. Multiple channel data loggers are available in these models. Variables such as temperature, humidity, light, pressure, velocity, acceleration etc can be monitored and recorded.
Bluetooth data loggers transfer the data when any paired device such as a mobile phone, computer etc. are placed in the vicinity. The advantage over wired data loggers is that the data transfer is smooth and automatic. These data loggers are small in size and can monitor temperature, humidity, light, pressure and acceleration
1. WiFi temperature monitoring data loggers
WiFi temperature monitoring data logger uses wifi communication channel for transmitting data. All other functions are more or less same. But network connectivity is through WiFi channel. The data loggers can be connected to any secured or open WiFi network utilizing a normal WiFi router. These devices are having its own memory and data is collected at programmed intervals. The WiFi transmission rate also can be programmed as per customer requirements. The email alert messages will be generated when the monitored parameter exceeds the programmed levels.
Compared to other models the WiFi models have following advantages:
- Some of the models work entirely on battery power for a couple of months (based on WiFi transmission frequency).
- The customer can relocate such models around within the vicinity of the WiFi network.
- If WiFi connection is lost, the data will be saved on the data logger until the connection is restored. When the connection is restored, the data will be transferred to the network.
- Various alerts viz. low battery power, low or high temperature/humidity, loss of main power, loss of WiFi connection etc. can be programmed which will alert Email, SMS & Phone call alerts.
- The data can be saved in a cloud based server which can be downloaded to customer’s local computer.
One of the models being dealt by us is shown on the right side.
Typical applications for such data loggers are:
- Hotel guest rooms
- Hospital patient rooms
- Warehouses used to store medicines, food, cosmetics etc.
- Restaurants which require HACCP standards.
- Cold rooms and chiller rooms for storage of medicines, vaccines, food items etc.
2. Radio Frequency (Rf) Temperature monitoring systems
In radio frequency (Rf) temperature recording systems, the mode of data transmission is radio frequency waves. There will be a central receiver for receiving all the data from all sensors. The sensors will have a transmitter for transmitting the data. Depending on the size of the warehouse, there will be a number fo transmitters and receivers. The communication range between a transmitter to receiver in direct line of sight will be 600 to 800 meters. However any wall or racks in between them severely affects the data transmission.
If there are a lot of racks or obstructions, you will require additional receivers. A radio frequency temperature monitoring system is ideal for a big open warehouse with limited obstructions in between. One receiver can take inputs from 30 to 50 transmitters. This makes it very cost effective. If there are lot fo racks in between, you will need to add a lot of receivers which makes it costly.
Similarly, if you are using it in a hospital having lot of rooms, you may need a lot of receivers. For example, if you have one fridge in a room, you will need one receiver and one transmitter. However, if you have 10 refrigerators in a single room, you will need one receiver and 10 sensor transmitters. The receiver is much costlier than a sensor transmitter. Hence while selecting a Radio frequency monitoring system, you will have to consider all these aspects.
Other temperature monitoring systems:
Download technical details of Real Time Wireless monitoring system
Technical details of Temperature & Humidity monitoring system (pdf document;5pages – opens in a new window)
Technical details of Temperature monitoring system (pdf document;5pages – opens in a new window)