We have various real-time monitoring solutions which will continuously monitor Temperature and Humidity of the area. The device will continuously record the data on itself, on a computer as well as over the internet. There is continuous back- up of the data. In the cases of pharmaceutical storage areas, the customers can correctly place the sensors after conducting a Temperature Mapping study of the area which will identify potential hot spots.
Typical applications of a real-time temperature monitoring system are :
- Cold room for storage of medicines, vaccines etc.
- Cold Storage used for food, meat etc.
- Warehouses used for temperature sensitive goods such as medicines,food, fruits, vegetables, electronic goods etc. or for any other purpose.
- Walk in Chillers or Walk in freezers for food or medicines.
- Patient Rooms in hospitals to monitor and record Temperature & Humidity.
- ICU and other critical rooms in hospitals.
- Operation Theater in hospitals.
Temperature & Humidity Monitoring Solution for warehouse and cold rooms
These systems are a permanent type of installation and the customer need not change once installed. The recording and monitoring system will work automatically and will also generate Email/SMS/Voice call alerts for alert conditions. Main Features of such a system are .
- These systems are fully standalone with battery backup and will work even in the case of power failure.
- These are recorders and transmitters which transmit data by various modes such as WiFi, Radio Frequency, LAN etc.
- They will work even without the need for a computer network.
- Will generate Email, SMS & Phone call alerts if temperature or humidity goes above the programmed limits.
- Recording happens on the device, on a local server and on the internet.
- Graph and chart display are available on the device or on a computer.
- The system can send daily or weekly email summary report to a user.
- We can connect multiple locations to a single software for centralized software.
- Each sensor can have different alert levels as per requirement.
Various models in Ethernet Wired, Wireless and WiFi models are available. The device comes with its own free software which will display the readings in a graph form continuously.
How to decide the sampling interval?
The sampling interval is the frequency of data collection. eg. If we record the temperature every 10 seconds, it means that the sampling interval is 10 seconds. The customer can program sampling rate from 5 seconds to 1 hour with an accuracy of up to +/- 0.1 Deg. Celsius. Also, we can program the higher and lower limits of the Temperature & Humidity and the delay duration on the device. If the parameters exceed these limits for the defined duration, it will make phone calls to 10 operators until one of them attends the call. Upon attending the call, it delivers a recorded voice message indicating the type and location of the fault. You may consider the following points.
- For a narrow range of temperature, a lower sampling rate is required. eg. for a cold room of 2-8 °C, a sampling rate of 3 minutes may be required whereas for a warehouse of 15-25°C a sampling interval of 10 minutes may be sufficient.
- Another criterion is permitted excursion period. eg. you do not want the temperature to go above 8°C for more than 1 minute. Hence, you have to select a sampling interval of 60 seconds or less. The logic is that you need to monitor the temperature very closely.
- For a cold storage of -20°C, sampling interval of 15 or 20minutes also may be sufficient.
- Typically for medicines, we recommend a sampling interval of 3 minutes.
Technical Details of warehouse monitoring system
Brief technical details of the system are as below.
- The range of measurement is from -200°C to 1200°C. Also higher ranges are available with special sensors.
- The customer can configure, setup and manage Data Loggers over an Internet Connection and Browser.
- We provide free Web storage service with user id and password.
- The customer can configure the sampling rate from 1 Second to 1 Hour.
- We can connect a local siren for generating an audible alarm and duration of same can be programmed.
- It operates on a regular power supply with Battery Backup for protection against Power Failures. The device will not lose data in the event of a power failure.
How to decide the number and locations of temperature sensors in a warehouse and cold room?
In a huge warehouse or cold room, it is difficult to decide the ideal locations to be monitored. The sensors for monitoring has to be placed to monitor and record the data. In order to decide the locations and number of sensors, the following guidelines may be followed:
- Ideally, a temperature mapping study has to be carried to find out the temperature distribution.
- Find out the hottest and coldest points of the area
- Find out all other hot and cold points
- Mark up the layout drawing of the area to indicate these points
- All of the above points need to be monitored since these are critical points
- From the locations thus defined, if any huge area is left out one or two sensors should be distributed in such area.
- Typically for a warehouse of 3000 sq. meters and a height of 10 meters having ideal temperature distribution, approximately 10 sensors will be required.
Temperature Monitoring Software
- Configuring the alert conditions for each sensor separately.
- It will send email alerts upon alert conditions.
- It displays Graphs,Charts for multiple devices and locations.
- We can see different devices on a single screen.
- It sends the summary of readings to 4 Email ids at regular intervals (1 hour to 24 hours can be programmed).
- We can configure toa FTP service for uploading the data at regular intervals.
- Through the software, we can configure the sampling interval.
Apart from over temperature & humidity alerts, we can connect various other critical parameters to the same voice call alert system. This alert system operates using a SIM card and hence local phone connection is not required. Critical parameters which can be monitored include:
- Compressor failure alert to monitor whether the compressor of the cooling units fails.
- Power Failure alert to generate a phone call in case power supply fails.
- Door Open alert which can generate if the door of a refrigerator or cold room remains open for a certain duration.
- Water Leakage detection generating an alert if there is water leakage.
- Gas Leakage alert to generate a phone call or SMS alert in case of a gas leak.
- Smoke alert generating a phone call or SMS alert in case of smoke or fire.
Any other parameter can be monitored using suitable sensors for such requirements. Upon the occurrence of any alarm event, phone calls will be made to 10 operators and a voice message will be delivered when attended. The phone calls will be made repeatedly until someone picks up the phone.