There are many applications where the user wants a cheap solution just to check whether the temperature has exceeded the limits during transportation, storage etc. The customer may not want a data logger to record the data.Present day solutions are chemical indicators which will change colour in case the temperature exceeds the desired levels.
World’s first, cheapest, most accurate Disposable (Single use) Electronic Temperature Indicator
Cryopak, USA has developed the world’s first accurate Electronic Single use Temperature indicator which has an operational range of -40 °C to +80°C (-40 ˚F to +176 ˚F). This is a single use disposable type indicator.
The device has to be simply started using the Start button and to be placed inside the box which contains the sensitive products. As an example, the device will be pre-programmed for a temperature range of 2 to 8 Deg Centigrade. The Green LED will be blinking as long as the temperature is within 2 and 8 Degree. If these thresh hold levels are exceeded, the Red LED will start blinking. While receiving the consignment at the end of transportation, you can simply look at the device to check whether the LED is Green or Red.
Applications of Electronic Single use Temperature Indicators
- Storage and Transportation of blood from blood banks or laboratories, hospitals etc.
- Storage and Transportation of tissues to and between hospitals, laboratories etc.
- Storage and Transportation of vaccines, medicines etc.
- Storage and Transportation of food items.
- Storage and transportation of fruits, vegetables etc.
- Extremely accurate compared to chemical indicators.
- LED indicators to show whether the temperature exceeded threshold levels of temperature.
- Start button to commence monitoring of temperature.
- Shelf life in exposed conditions is not a problem as with chemical indicators. Until you start the temperature indicator, you can keep under normal temperature levels. For chemical indicators, you have to keep under controlled conditions, even before using.
- No health hazard even if the same comes in contact with food items.
- There are two models available K1-1 & K1-2. For K1-1, there is only one set of high and low alarms.
- Two different alarm levels can be programmed in the same device for model K1-2.
Disadvantages of Chemical Indicators
The problems with these indicators are many.
- First of all, they are chemicals which should never get in touch with food, medicine etc.
- Secondly, it cannot be an exact indication.The color change is subject to many factors.
- Cannot be used for a narrow range of temperature such as 2 to 8 Deg Centigrade.
- Thirdly, the chemical indicators cards have a shelf life and we have to use the product within this period.
- The temperature indicator is contained in a waterproof pouch and hence you do not have to worry about protection from water ingress.
- Non-stop monitoring of temperature.
- Two LEDs provide instant status of temperature from the time of starting.
- Two models are available with 1 or 2 temperature thresholds.
- Preprogrammed to customer specifications. As this is supplied in sealed package, customer cannot reprogram it.
- Compact profile; weighs less than 6 grams.
Specifications of single use temperature indicator
|Product Code||K1-1 & K1-2 (electronic disposable temperature indicators)|
|Alarm Thresholds||K1-1 One Temperature threshold & K1-2 Two Temperature thresholds|
|Temperature Range||-40 ˚C to +80 ˚C (-40 ˚F to +176 ˚F)|
|Sensor Response Time||T90 of 5 minutes in moving air|
|Preprogram Option||Factory programmed|
|Start Option||Push button|
|Size||40x50x3 mm (with sleeve)|
|Case Material||Plastic sleeve|
|IP Rating||IP 67|
|Other Certification||ISO9001:2008, RoHS|
Now you can pick one or two temperature thresholds between -40 ˚C & +80 ˚C and we will program K1 for you.
Download the user guide of Electronic Disposable Temperature Indicator (pdf-opens in new window)
If you are looking for a data logger with recording and other functionalities, please look at our electronic data loggers.